Johnston is committed to exceptional customer service by providing unique, customized solutions while keeping the best interests of our customers a priority. We offer our employees a rewarding and challenging work environment in a team atmosphere!
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business and achieving/assisting in the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Inside Sales Representative will conduct research to identify leads and reach business targets through telephone, email, webinar and in person. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of company marketing activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with prospects and or current customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible to penetrate existing accounts by researching lost business, offering solutions and working with the DSR’s on increasing sales in that account.
- Inside sales representatives work with customers to showcase innovative new products, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process. Inside sales reps are required to be friendly, well-spoken and ready to close the deal.
- Being able to effectively sell over the phone to current and new customers by following Johnston’s model of profitable revenue growth.
- Complete quotes through our quoting system and present to customers immediately to drive new sales and penetrate existing business.
- Aid the sales team in initiating the initial appointment with new customers or setting up appointments for lost business with existing customers.
- Project Manager for Salesforce and proactively filling the pipeline with sales leads and projects.
- Assist with current promotions and/or core vendor focus items.
- The use of Salesforce as a communication tool for new and current customers.
- Meet with DSR’s quarterly to review growth and margins through PRB review
- Identify the customer’s needs and solving issues they are having within their current book of business by evaluating current products and introducing new ideas that will lead to profitable revenue growth.
- Understand the reason for lost business and position the 2023 Johnston Value as listed below:
- Solution Center
- Dedicated District Sales Representatives
- Johnston Fleet
- Dedicated Customer Service Department
- Customer Trainings
- Equipment & Service Department
- Run the JOM report daily which reviews under minimum orders and allows the Inside Sales Representative to either push out the date or send FedEx/ common Carrier.
- Working with Customer Service and Sales on open orders to ensure we are offering substitutions on backordered products to effectively deliver a fulfilled invoice so the customer has an adequate amount of product to successfully run their business.
- Work with the Purchasing department and the Category Manager to review viable options for other product alternatives that can be showcased to the customer.
- Track client account activity by generating and analyzing a variety of reports generated by Salesforce /Customer Relationship Management System.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.