Distribute products to Johnston Paper customers throughout upstate New York by driving varioussize trucks and trailers in a safe, timely, and professional manner. Assist customers with theunloading of freight.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
40% Drive trucks and trailers, following assigned routes and predetermined schedule, to variouscustomer locations in a professional and courteous manner. Obey all traffic rules and
35% Deliver Johnston Paper products to customers without damage to products or customerproperty. Record accurate product delivery by checking product with customer andsecuring signed invoices, collect COD. Handle all customer interactions in a polite,respectful manner. Interact daily with customer service via telephone to handle customer
10% Perform various pre-trip duties such as: inspecting the truck, trailer, equipment used fordaily duties, checking and securing load, and completing all assigned inspection paperwork.10% Complete and review paperwork including: inspection sheets, signed invoices, and mileage
log. Submit completed paperwork to the Traffic Manager daily.
5% Clean equipment when finished with daily duties, empty and sweep truck and trailer, putaway returned products in the designated return area and check with Traffic Manager for
any additional end of day duties.
GENERAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ride with other drivers to learn new or changing routes.
- Fuel truck as needed and always before returning to the main Johnston Paper warehouse.
- Assure proper housekeeping and organization of equipment.
- Make suggestions to improve productivity and quality.
- Effectively maintain a safe work environment for you and all co-workers and follow up on safety issues as identified.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from high school, the possession of a high school equivalency diploma, orequivalent work experience that would demonstrate general math skills and the ability to read,understand, and follow oral and written communication from supervisor and coworkers.
- Possess or obtain Hazmat endorsement within 6 months of employment.
- Possession of a valid, current Commercial Drivers License – A.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, reach, sit, use fingers, grasp, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.